The Community Development Institute (CDI) is a non-governmental and non-profit national umbrella association for development, education and social services.
The association as an informal group started its work by the end of 1994 and with the first official registration by the Ministry of internal affairs in 1996.
The CDI’s experience is based on more than 25 years’ work within the community, addressing citizens’ problems and needs and helping in overcoming challenges.
1. Improvement of the living conditions and standard of life.
2. Strengthening of the democracy and civil society;
3. Vocational Education and Training / IT training
4. Economic development
5. Social services for vulnerable groups
6. Social cohesion
Methods applied in the work of the CDI:
d. Publication of printed educational materials
e. Production of audio and video educational material
f. Consultation and mentoring
g. VET trainings
h. Study trips and exchanges
Currently the CDI has 8 staff members at its headquarter in Tetovo, Macedonia, and there are also national project coordinators as focal points in different regions.
The CDI operates at local, national and international level, providing services and conducting activities in different regions, and in partnership, in various countries. We conduct activities on 4 continents: Asia, Africa, Europe and North America.
The CDI has extensive knowledge and experience in implementing EU funded projects, providing high-level quality outputs and services:
- creating diverse e-platforms and open educational resources, e-learning courses and has very strong potential and human capacities for implementation of projects related to e-learning.
- possess relevant knowledge and experience implementing VET programs, offers trainings in cooperation with local and state institutions on various topics.
- the organisation is a verified provider of Vocational Education And Training and of adult education by the Ministry of Education and Science of Macedonia.
- well positioned in Macedonia as an organization that works on development of adult education and it’s recognized by the institutions as a relevant organization in that field, confirmed with signed memorandum for understanding and cooperation
- works as a social enterprise and offers products and services to the community.
- the organisation is a secretariat of the national platform for economic development which gathers Universities, chambers of commerce, civil society organisaitons and other relevant institutions.